Monday, February 4, 2008

Superbowl Sweetness


I had a dilemma going into the Superbowl. I had to determine who I was going to root for. This would normally be an easy decision for me. I am madly in love with Tom Brady. Have been for years. I tried desperately all nine months of my pregnancy with Ryder to get Allen to concede to naming our firstborn Brady. Allen repeatedly and vehemently denied me. I have not given up hope for my next born son however. I also think that Wes Welker is dang awesome. So, it would seem the Patriots should be an easy decision. However, my heart always goes out to the underdog, and since the underdog was my home team, I had to pick the Giants....which turned out to be a sweet decision. The game was amazing...Go Giants!! Sorry Tommy boy. Perhaps Allen will let me name my next son after you as a consolation prize.
I love the Super Bowl. Mostly because it is a televised sporting event that my husband will actually sit down and watch with me. He even gets excited for it. Normally we have a bunch of people over to enjoy with us, but Linley was nasty sick (as evidenced by her snott-nose in the picture, lovely), so it was just us. And just like every year, I left Allen in charge of buying the food. This is why Allen really likes the Super Bowl. In fact, it can all be boiled down to one word: Twinkies.
There are certain food items that I never keep in the house for various reasons, but mostly because I don't want us to eat them.
Some of them are:
1. Chips of any form or flavor
2. Store bought cookies
3. All things Hostess
4. Pop
5. Cardboard cheese, cheese dip, fake cheese, however you like to call it

Please notice what the sexy hubster brought home after his jaunt to the supermarket.

Ryder enjoyed watching the first half with us. Whenever we got excited at a play, Ryder would happily yell, "Go Cougars." After we explained to him that the Cougars weren't playing this game and we wanted the Giants to win, he replied, "That's okay. I'll just pretend its the Cougars. They are my favorite." That's my boy!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Megan said...

that looks like my kind of party minus the twinkies. i do hope you joined in on the consuming. i would like to share with you what i alone ate during the superbowl time:
an entire container of hot artichoke dip all by myself.
2 slices of pepperoni, bacon, chicken pizza.
2 hot wings.
a pile of spinach dip with bread chunks.
a pile of nachos covered in 2 kinds of beans, sour cream, chicken, and cheese.
about half a bowl of guacomole.
a slushy.
basically i ate enough for about 4 families. i woke up starving this morning.

Audrey said...

I had been fasting before the Super Bowl and it was my first time fasting in two years since I had been pregnant and nursing up until then, so when church ended at 3:30 and then we went to watch at a friend's house at 4:30, I was so light-headed and I think I consumed much too much junk. Kind of ironic that watching people in superior athletic condition causes Americans to eat crap food. Just like how I enjoy watching the Biggest Loser while I eat ice cream.

amanda. said...

RARRRRR rarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

thats my nephew!!