Monday, February 4, 2008

Sort of Snow Day

We got about a half an inch of snow this morning. We have had nearly no snow at all this winter. This makes most of me happy. However, the part of me that insisted that I buy the children snow suits against the hubsters better judgments was really hoping for some snow. So, when we saw the little dusting this morning, we got bundled up and headed out. I was tempted to wait until Linley was down for her nap, since she is ill, but she was so cutely excited, I couldn't leave her out. Now as she is lying comatose in her bed, I am pretty confident I will be winning no mother of the year awards. Sad.
Ryder working on our snowman. Snowperson as he called it. So politically correct my son is.
Making a snow angel...it was snowing in his eyes. I think that is funny.
Ryder and his "snowperson."

Mission use of snowbibs: accomplished (and worth every penny Allen...you should have seen them out there. They were both in heaven!!)

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Linley looks like that little boy on "A Christmas Story." Hopefully she didn't fall over, I'm not sure she would have been able to get up.

Jess said...

That picture of Ryder and the snowperson is just adorable!

jessica said...

I love the snowman! It is so cute!

Mistie said...

This is the second comment i;ve ever left on a blog...so i am very proud of myself!! Anyway, i am jealous you got enough snow to actually make a snowman (it looks like you used every last bit of snow on the ground?!!!) Ashton's been waiting and waiting to build a snowman and I, too, bought snowbibs that I HAVE TO USE this year!!

Desta said...

I have to commend you one your use of "Brick" and "Got you where I want you" Both old "friends of mine that totally took me back to high school. James had never even heard of The Flys. So Thanks for making me feel musically superior to him for a couple minutes.

Naomi said...

Honestly, you live 20 minutes away and we got nothing! How does that work. Very cute snowman, Ryder did an awesome job. Way to go Buddy!